Saturday, August 20, 2016

Day 14 - How it was made possible...

Last night's Day 13 post I did sitting in McDonalds... After, I went back to U-Haul  truck and took power nap from roughly 11:30PM till 2AM... Woke up, went to use McDonalds' restroom to brush teeth and wash face, nope, door is locked.. OK, went around the drive-thru to get coffee - system is down for another 45 minutes...


So, went back to the truck and went to nearby gas station where I did what I needed. No, not showers... Rub my eyes with cold water... So I drove for an hour and felt like I'm stil haven't woken up yet. Was passing small mountain village and pulled into information center parking...

I think another hour was sufficient as, when I opened my eyes at 5AM, it's was already early dawn, but foggy...

Most of the roads between Baie-Cameau and Quebec City is through the mountings, plus morning fog on top, really slowed me down. Despite road condition...

Half way there was a 10 min ferry, which is free and pretty well organized... 



I arrived at Quebec City Triumph dealership at 9:30AM and found door locked...

Thursday night, when I talked to them, Dave, the coordinator for Service Department told me he will try have a technician on Saturday, as only Sales work through weekends.. I found they open at 10 and went up nearby McDonalds for breakfast...


When I returned, probably seeing big truck parking, Dave met me and, after grabbing the technician Alex, went inside cargo to assess...

As I though, we all figured what's needed. At that time, Alex pulled sales tag from a brand new bike on the floor and went comparing parts between two different VINs... Match...

After short conversation with Dave, Alex waved me to go ahead unload my bike while getting showroom bike rolled into the shop as well...


Once this was sorted, I had to pack and reorganize alli had scattered throughout the truck, living in it for 24 hours.. Then drove to drop it off... Using Uber App got the taxi back...


Upon arrival I got to see the dsmage...




So, now I'm in Schenectady, New York at Bombers bar eating dinner. Tomorrow is gonna be the final 700-mile push back home...


There isn't going to be a "Day 15" post, but an Epilogue of the Expedition to explore and discover, - really, not a vacation...

By the way, some of the pictures that haven't made to blog yet due to unforeseen circumstances, from the day the drive shaft broke...

Met Mike Bueller at Churchill Falls an hour before drive shaft attak.. He is a known member of Adventure Riders' community on ADVRIDER forum... He I'd from Newfoundland, but works at the Hydro company in Churchills Falls...

He is the guy I gave telephone number of to passing by travelers on Trans-Lab highway, and who dropped work, grabbed company truck and a few ramps and rushed for rescue once he received the phone call... 


This is the last picture I took before leaving Churchill Falls...


No comments:

Post a Comment