Saturday, August 13, 2016

Day 7 - I'm in Fairy Tale place...

The day began from coffee, as usual. From Twillingate I rode straight through minion town called Buchanes. From with, there was a dirt road through Red Indian lake toward and connecting to Route 480 leading one was to the beautiful town Burgeo…

As I was told later, the dirt road, 91 kilometers long (some 56 miles), is called Buchens Road. Man was it work. It started OK, a bit technical and then turned into nightmare. Very narrow with bushes on the sides and the road itself as a complete washout. I didn't stop, but had video on. Wait for that great movie on YouTube… It took me 2 hours to ride those 56 miles… It felt like mile-by-mile took forever…



About 10 miles before the turn it came back to normal gravel and I sped up… I was flying some 60 MPH happy I was out. At some point I thought I was lost, some 25 miles into the Taiga…




Then I was riding another 60 miles though different planet. The scenery was amazing, I seven that time and didn't stop for pictures, I will do tomorrow. When I got to Burgeo, my jaw dropped, what a beautiful place















Then, stopped by grocery store to buy beer, guess what, the don't sell individual cans or bottles, but 8-packs minimum… There are not many stores to choose out here… So, got diet pepsi instead…

Here are pictures from the top of the hill overviewing campground…









Went to the beach, wet my feet, decided not to swim - it's cold






The was another beach, called Western Beach




On the way back from Western Beach on the trail



Good night



No comments:

Post a Comment