Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Day 3 - hello Nova Scotia...

Well, here is what I had for dinner last night



I woke up at 5:40AM and got up... Usually I snooze... Well, it took me 3 hours to have breakfast and coffee before I could take off... I did it at 8:40...

Since I had to ride by land, I chose US9 and went for it... I don't know, 400 miles? 

Before leaving US, entering Canada, I stopped by Duty Free store... Got some rum for the road ahead...



There was a line through the border, about 5 cars at front of me... When it was my turn, I turned my GoPro on and went for the window... Well, usual questions, and then:

- Are you videoing it?
- Yep...
- Turn it off, please...
- OK...

Pause... "Don't post it on Facebook"
- OK

OK, I'm in Canada now... Riding, and here is a thing for future tourists, if you see exit on a highway saying there is a gas station or whatever, it doesn't mean it's just off the highway... It means, once you take the exit, you may need to ride/drive another 5-10 miles to a town.. Just watch out...

Entered Nova Scotia



Went to the Welcome Center to get maps and suggestions for camping.. 

I'm camping now at Amherst Shore Provincial Park.. It's similar to US State Parls, but better...

Office has wifi internet hot spot (where I'm sitting now, being eaten by mosquitos). Hot showers and bathroom, or all together... 


Here is what I'm having for dinner tonight


...and, if you forgot to remove oxygen absorber, don't worry about it


I'm not having any nice coffee/breakfast tomorrow - I'm getting up, packing and going - cannot be late for that ferry I have reservations for and paid for..

Before that, I still have to find a bank and exchange US dollars to CAN dollars...

Canadians will take US dollars, - 1x1 rate... Here is example. It's usually $9 dollars to fill up the tank... In Canadian currency, it's 14 dollars... They'll tell you, it's OK, we'll take US dollars, 1x1...

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment